Thursday, May 28, 2015

Be and Have Part 2 (Membahas Tuntas ToBe)

Be : past  Where were you ? – I was in Batam.
+
I was - you were – he/she/it was – we were – they were
?
Was I ? - were you? – was he/she/it?- were we ? – were they.
-
I was not – you were not – he/she/it was not – we were not – they were not.

Contractions : wasn’tweren’t

Where were you yesterday? – My mother was a singer. – I was’t well last week.

Be: Future  The bus will be full.
+
I/you/he/she/it/we/they will be
?
Will I/you/she/etc be ?
-
I/you/he etc will not be

Contractions : I’ll, you’ll ect ; won’t (=will not)
It will be cold this evening – I’ll be at home all day tomorrow
Where will we be ten years from now ? – The exam won’t be sifficult.

To make future questions with be, we put will before the subject.
Statement (+)
We will be late.
Her brother will be here at 10.00.
The bus will be full
Question (?)
Will we be late?
When will her brother be there?
Will the bus be full?

There is – There’s a dog in the garden.

PRESENT
PAST
+
There’s – there are
There was – there were
?
Is there? – are there ?
was there ? – were there?
-
There is not – there are not
There was not – there were not.

Contractions : there’s, isn’t, aren’t, wasn’t, weren’t
We use there is, there are ect to say that something or somebody exists.
We often use there is, there are etc before a/an, some and any.
There’s a dog in the garden.(NOT A dog is in the garden.) – There are some letters for you.
Is there any milk in the fridge? (NOT Is any milk ...?)There isn’t much coffee.
Were there any phone calls? (NOT Were any phone calls?) – There was a good film last night.

To make questions with there is etc, we put is ect before there.
(+)
There is a letter for you
There were some problems
Bejo says there are six eggs
(?)
Is there a letter for me
Were there any problems?
How many eggs are there?



FUTURE:
+
There will be
?
Will there be ?
-
There will not be
Contractions : there’ll – won’t (= will not )

We don’t use it is like there is, We usually use it is for something that we have already talked about, or that people already know about.
There’s a car outside. It’s a ford. (NOT It’s a car outside.)

Have with dodo you have ? I don’t have

PRESENT
PAST
+
I/you/we/they have – he/she/it has
I/you/he/she/it/we/they had
?
Do I/you/we/they have ? - does he/she/it have ?
Did I/you/he etc have ?
-
I/you/we/they do not have – he/she/it does not have
I/you/he etc did not have

Contractions : don’t, doesn’t, didn’t
We can use have to talk about possession, family (and other) relationships and illnesses.
I have a new car. – Bejo has two sisters. – Jono has a nice girlfriend. – Parno had a cold week.
We also say that people have hair, eyes ect; and that things have parts.
You have beautiful eyes. -  Our old car only had two doors, but the new one has four

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Terima kasih sudah membaca blog saya, silahkan tinggalkan komentar”