Thursday, May 28, 2015

Be and Have Part 3 (Membahas Tuntas ToBe)

We can make questions (?) and negatives (-) with do/does/did + infinitive (without to).
STATEMENT (+)
QUESTION (?)
NEGATIVE (-)
I have the keys.
Do I have the keys?
I don’t have the keys.
Jono has a car.
Does Jono have a car?(NOT Does Jono has..)
Jono doesn’t have a car
Parjo had a cold.
Did Parjo have a cold?(NOT Did parjo had..)
Parjo didn’t have a cold


FUTURE
+
I/you/he/she/it/we/they will have
?
Will I/you/he etc have ?
-
I/you/he/ etc will not have

Contractions : I’ll, you’ll etc. won’t (= will not
We use will (not) have to talk about the future.
One day, everybody will have enough food. – Lidia says that she won’t have children.

To make future questions with have, we put will before the subject.
+
Novi will have a car soon
The baby will have blue eyes.
?
Will novi have a car soon ?
Will the baby have blue eyes?
Have without do : have got – have you got a cat ?
+
I/you/we/they have got
He/she/it has got
?
Have I/you etc got ?
Has he/she/it got?
-
I/you/etc not got
He/she/it has not got

Contractions : I’ve, he’s etc; haven’t, hasn’t
We often use got with have, especially in present. This does not change the meaning : we use have/has got like have/has to talk about possession etc.
I have got is the same as I have.
Have you got ? is the same as Do you have ? (we don’t use do/does with have got)
She hasn’t got is the same as She doesn’t have.
I’ve got a cat.(more natural than I have a cat) – Has she got a dog?(NOT Does she have got...)
I haven’t got a car. – She’s got a sister. – You’ve got beautiful eyes. – Have you got a cold?

To make questions (?) with have got, we put have/has before the subject.

+
I have got a cold.
Bejo’s got a fast car.
Bejo and tina have got tickets
?
Have you got a cold?
Has bejo got a fast car?
Have bejo and tina got tickets?
Past form (I had got,etc) are unusual.We don’t use got in the future.
She had a fast car. (more natural than she had got a fast car.)
I will have. (NOT I will have got )

Have : actions – He’s having a shower.
GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY: common expression with have .use a dictionary if necessary
Have breakfast, lunch,dinner, (a cup of) tea/coffee, a drink, something to eat/drink
Have eggs/toast for breakfast, have fist for lunc,etc – have a wash, a shower, a bath
Have a good time, a bad day, a nice evening, a party, a holiday, a game
Have a good flight/trip/journey etc – have conversation – have a baby

We use have in a lot of common expressions to talk about actions, (we don’t use have got like this)
I usually have breakfast at seven o’clock. (NOT I have got breakfast .. )
I’m going to  have a shower. – would you like to have something to eat?
If bejo comes this weekend we’ll have a party. – Lidia had a baby in june.
Are you having a good time ? – ‘Have a good flight.‘ ‘Thanks.’
We make simple present and past questions and negative with do/does and did.
We don’t have parties very often. – Does Tembong have eggs for breakfast?
Did you have a good journey? – we didn’t have a holiday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Terima kasih sudah membaca blog saya, silahkan tinggalkan komentar”